Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, August 29, 2011

Hot water and typing in English!

Opa! Tudo Jóia!

Hello! Hello! How is everybody! Im great and ready to write up a storm for this
week to make up for my lack of writing lately. So firstly, I want to address some questions and make some compliments before i forget. SO...right now for my living situation in Castelo Branco, João Pessoa,  Its just Elder O. Moura and I living in a cozy, humble little apartment on the first floor...thankfully. Our apartment building is quite big, consists of 5 or 6 floors and we our one building out an apartment complex of 6 buildings that are identical in shape but are different colors, if you were interested in the details. Our apartment consists of two little bedrooms, two bathrooms pretty much side by side, a kitchen and little dining/living room area. Its perfect for just the two of us. What more do we need anyways as missionaries other than a bed, study space, food and a bathroom. So its nice to have your own bathroom and we were showering individually...but now we are sharing a shower and using it seperatly of course, BECUASE  we just lately installed a hot shower faucet. The greatest invention here in Brasil. They use electric shower faucets to have hot water. Its actually relatively cold here in the mornings so a hot shower is so nice. Go four months without a hot shower and you will now how grateful I am for hot water. So for my talk last Sunday, not yesterday. I gave it on the Restuaration of the Gospel and talked about how the Gospel blesses families. I only ended up giving a third of my talk becuase apparenlty the 10 min that i was told that i had went by at lightning speed. So i felt it didnt go very well becuase i gave an incomplete talk, but the bishop thanked me, shook my hand and some members said thank you, but i could tell it was just out of courtesy, but one member specifically thanked me with tears in his eyes. So if one person was the touched and understood what i said, is good enough for me. So I have recieved every package you guys i have sent me by the way and the little extra $ for treats which is super appreciated but really you dont have to send some so frequently. I need to learn to ecnomize more. So like every two weeks or once a month would be ´pleny. I just sent a letter full of recent photos since i havent been able to upload any since my contraption to upload photos was lost with one of my bags, but my bag was found! A miracle! hopefully i will receive tom and next week i will upload some photos.
Hey so last tues. we had a zone conference and i saw some Elderes from my group in the Ctm i havent seen since i arrived in Brasil. Was really good to see them and swap stories and experiences of whats happened since we got here. The conference was really full of the spirit and our topic was on why we serve. We focused on a talk given by Dallin H. Oaks which talks about Service profoundly. You should read it if you havnt already. So about the couple we baptized! Thier names our Luciani and Genaina and thier batismal meeting was one of the best becuase of the reverence and testimonies of the members who attended. I was able to give the baptismal message and told them about my baptism and how I will never forget it becuase of the water. It went along peferctly becuase Genaina was suffering from a little cold and was very worried about the water and I promised if she put her faith in Christ she would not feel cold and she didnt...becuase i remember honestly, feeling cold on the outside..haha but I was super warm on the inside. So unfortunatly im getting worse at typing in english it seems so my tme is up. I want to leave one scripture. Alma 36/3 which called my attention. Hope everything is Tudo Bem! Love you guys! Elder M Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment