Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Saturday, January 29, 2011

First Email From Andy - Jan 29, 2011

Hello Everyone!
My gosh! Holy crap! or Santo Crappo! right now as I'm sitting in the laundry room in the MTC I feel like my heart and head is going to explode! I have so many thoughts going through my head and my heart is filled with so much excitement and anxiety that I don't know where to begin! Well let me start off by saying I've recieved my first MTC letter and I'm so thankful for the shoehorn! My roomies are jealous, thanks again. Next I would like to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support. On the car ride to the MTC Dana you might recall me saying that I feel a lot of pressure to be going out on a mission, I think you misunderstood me and I should of explained myself further becuase you guys got the impression that the pressure is from you guys which is only partly true...haha but the true pressure that I feel is that I will be able to surmise enough courage and love and knowledge to be able to truly call myself and represent to the best of my ability a Missionary for our Savior Jesus Christ and to be able to spread my testimony to as many people possible in Portuguese. Im getting a some wierd looks right now haha as a write this from some guys becuase Im tearing up with the honor to be able to call myself an Elder. I know that Im in the right place at this time in my life and cant express to you how excited I am to serve! The MTC is truly an amazing place! I've never seen so many guys in suits. haha. When I arrived I felt so welcome by all the smiles and handshakes and greetings and throughout my stay so far I have felt the kindness and promptings of the spirit. I only have five min. left Im so sorry but I have to wrap this up already. I will definialty tell you more stories and more about my experiece soon. I love you all so much and I testify to you that the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses lives like you cant imagine. the testimonies that I have heard here...OMG Anyways I wish you all well and I miss you. Til next time. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment