Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Friday, February 4, 2011

The latest email....Friday Feb 4, 2011

Hey! I just wrote you guys a big letter a moment ago explaining my 1st week more thoroughly because the computers we use during laundry time are so packed most of the time so now I got a couple minutes to spare. Things here are so great! but lots of hard work! but you know what they say that the hardest things bring the greatest reward! Um it depends on what day. Some days we wake up at 6:30 and go straight to the gym to warm up our bodies to play some basketball or some volleyball or to run around there indoor track! I said before that Ive always wanted to run on one of those and they just happen to have one here! Some days we wake up and go immediatly to class to have personal study time, yes, and then we have breakfast around 8:15 and then come back immediatley for class to study portuguese for like 3 to 4 hours...Some days we wake up and stay in our dorms to have personal study then have companion study then breakfast and then class. Our days mostly consist on being in class learning Portuguese all day and I love it! Some district meetings and devotionals are thrown in there too! Sundays are probably the best for spiritual thoughts because thats when we have the big devotionals with everybody packed into the gym and the gym is transformed into like a minature version of the conference center. Its that picture you saw with the 2,000 missionaries that Elder Holland was in! Anyways I missed you guys too when I went to the temple today but it was a sight to see the celestial room full of missionaries! Love you guys lots and have a great week! May the spirit be with you, Elder Howell.

No comments:

Post a Comment