Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, April 18, 2011

Meeting in Natal! First Talk and a Baptism!

Alo everybody! hows it going! Be so grateful for air conditioning becuase i know I am right now!

Anyways heres my last week in a nutshell.

Slept in a hammock for the first time, was pretty awesome, we had to spend the tuesday night over at another duplas casa (other missionaries house) becuase we had a zone meeting in Natal the next day to meet with president Hall and we had to leave at 4 in the morning. So we all packed into a microbus that wednesday morning to make the four hour commute to Natal and boy that was a experience, the roads to Natal were not the smoothest roads i have ever been on, I got extremely car sick and then gained an even stronger testimony of prayer. I have never felt so car sick and that moment was a terrible situation becuase there was really nothing i could do. The microbus was packed with like 12 missionaries and it was really a MICRO bus, the rows of seats were packed tight! So i couldnt really explain what i needed to do at that instance becuase of my lack of portuguese and i was sitting in the middle, so if i threw up it would of been jus the worst thing ever. I said a prayer in my head, very strongly asking the Lord to bless these missionaries with cleaniness and for me and that instant i felt relieved! Was so cool! Anyways the meeting in Natal was great! I love my Mission Presidents!

Just when i thought the butterfly had gone away from last sunday bearing my testimony they assisgned me to give a talk!!! Was only 5 to 10 min talk but still, ah it went alright...I got a lot of compliments only because they are really polite i think...I talked about the importance of prayer in missionary work. It is probably one of the most important things other than baptism we need our investigators to do. It is a way they will find the great truth in our message and to gain a testimony of their own which is so essential. Just when i thought no one in this area was going to start progressing we met a funny and the shortest 14 year old i have ever met named Antonio. Antonio made my week. When we taught him he was so accepting and now he is getting baptized next Sunday!!! My first baptism! He says he is very excited!

Anyways i wish i could share more and if i have time i will upload photos! I wish you all a great week and keep feasting on the words of Christ!

Love, Elder Howell

oh and soon to be Elder (M.) Howell becuase there is another elder howell here in Joao Pessoa so i get a new nametag!
They suggested that i be only Elder Michitake but i wanted to keep my familys name. so I chose M. for Michitake plus Howell and also becuase it will always remind me of my Father whose initial is M. Howell...

No comments:

Post a Comment