Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in Brazil

Oxente! Ola! Como vai? Eu estou aqui de novo escrevendo para vocês! Incrível!

First things first, Im sorry to hear that you guys werent able to have memorable
Thanksgiving, well memorable in a good way, thats the worst thing ever to be sick
during the time when lots of things should be going into the body instead of the other way
around...i remember one thankgiving long ago when i was in Moab, Utah with the fam and
i got extremely sick right before the big dinner! I went straight to the bathroom, spent a good half an hour pouring out my insides and then i felt as good as new and went and replenished what i had lost...I hope you guys feel better soon, thats a real drag. On the brightside I had a special thanksgiving with the our Bishop Israel which is his first name, how cool is that, and with a couple of the members we like the most haha, we would have invited everbody if we could but you know as a missinary we only have so much, anyways it turned out really sweet. That day i was missing my family tons thinking of the awesome
thanksgiving memories we have had with the Mayberry´s but that night i felt like i was eating with another family. It was quite something as we put together a little slideshow we put up with a projector and we went around the table as tradition expressing what we were grateful for. Im grateful for many things but i shared that i was thankful for a hot shower...haha also for the Gospel in my life that brings me so much comfort and strength to be the best person i can be also for the incredible power it has to overcome any challege and heal any burdened heart and relieve any sort of sorrow. I would be a completely different person if i never was converted to the Gospel as i am now. Also thank you so much for the package! I received one that has a book, im assuming my origami book :) and a bunch of sweets! Thank you so much! Im preparing a little something something to send to you guys for Christmas! I hope it will get there alright. Anyways also we had a special conference with Presidente Hall( who my companion and i yes we both write to him every week) and surprised guests the presidente of the CTM of São Paulo! I didnt have he pleasure of passing through the CTM there but im so happy i met him. He and his Wife Presidente Clark and Sister Clark bore super strong testimonies. I was very uplifted. I cant believe its going to be December this week! Time is flying by! Have you guys put up the tree yet? Its going to be a tough Christmas without you guys but as Sister Hall said i only have two Christmas´s as a servant of the Lord! Im really excited for the christmas conference we are gong to have the 13th! Well, I hope you guys get better real soon...Real quick, is Grandma still working at temple square and if she is where at? Could you guys send me Tyler Blacks Address along with MaryJoy and Darrins and the Saxtons and Dean and Caseys and Brian and Jeannie that would be awesome! Well until next wed! because of transfers! awww! I think i might be called Senior!!!! Some of the missionaries if my group have already been called! so i think im next! aww! Hope you guys have an excellent week!
  Abraço, Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment