Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, July 11, 2011

Oi! Como todo mundo tá? hey! how is everybody?

Sounds like you guys are having a pretty cold summer over there, funny, becuase im having quite the hot winter here...This past  week was kinda rough trying to meet people who truly want to hear our message. Right now Elder Kitchen and I are working with a lot of Jovens, young people. One day while we were walking towards the church a ton of kids ran up to us and attacked us with questions. It was funny, pretty surprising. We are trying to meet with all their parentsto explain what we do. Things are kinda slow right now as we are tryin to meet a lot of new people and most of the people we have talked to kindly accept to hear what we have to say but dont pay attention or when we marka day to return they are not home...Well yesterday during church something ninteresting happened...while sacrament was being passed a baby started to cry pretty quietly but gradually got louder and louder until it was really screaming its head off. Not really a big deal and didnt phase me because that happens a lot back home, babies cying, but everybody was looking back where thebaby was looking distrubed and the bishop and his counselors ended up going over to where the baby was. Then i started to think what is giong on...Turned out the baby got its armed jammed where theyput the hymn books, you know tat little cubby! It was scary not knowing what was going on with a crowd of people around thisbaby and all of the sudden we heard this huge crack!!! One of the counslors who is a huge guy ended up breaking the wood of the cubby! After the next prayer of the water just started like nothing had happened...It was interestng to say the least....Well lately I have been reading in Alma, that is where Im at as i have started the Lvro de Mormon in Portugues from the start of the field, I read LDM for a half an hour then PME for the second half. A scripture that I want to share is ALma 5 ,17  . Brought me back a lot of memries of Built on the Rck! I love you guys I hope you Have a splendid Week!!! Elder M. HOwell

No comments:

Post a Comment