Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, July 4, 2011

Opa!!! Feliz Quatro de Julho!

First of All I would like to wish my father a very Happy Birthday! I hope it was good one Papa! Did you get more Kitchen ware? haha...ANyways Today I find myself thinking about how much of a blessing it is to know Inglês ha English, and seriously also to live in the United States. There are so many people here who want to learn English and dont have the means to...To have grown up in America and have learned English so easily I am very thankful.  English is one of the most prominant languages in the world and is used with some many things. And so many people desire to live in the United States but are not able to. This day be so very thankful for the sacrifices of the americans before us for the blessings we enjoy today. With four American Elders living under one roof here in Brasil we are thinking about doing something special. We might only talk in English for some time or something I dont know haha. This last week was pretty good. Elder Kitchen and I have been doing tons of contacts with people and more or less of the people have been receptive. We have just met a couple families we are beginning to teach and Im super excited to see how they are doing this coming week. We are still working with tons of youth as they keep on coming to play futebol at our church!!! I love Mossoró becuase of the members and their sweet humble testimonies and Im very grateful to know them and for the service that they provide everyday with lunches for us. I have no doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Church Jesus Christ established when he was on the earth and is not just some other church. I hope you guys have an Awesome 4th of July! God bless America! I love you guys, and Im pround to be an American and A member and a missionary of this Chruch!!!
Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment