Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, June 27, 2011

Uma Festa na Igreja! E Mais Fotos! Perdemos Energia em Nossa Casa!!!

Oi! Como Vai!?

I dont have too much to report since last thursday, except that Im doing great and Im really loving Mossoró becuase of the Jovems here. They are truly a big factor on what keeps me going day to day, I always look forward to meeting them. Our Ward had a little party last friday night where the youth of the ward did some ``forro`` which is a kind of dance. Was sort of a play/square dance. Was a lot of fun and I got a lot of pics of the dance because I hired a photographer for the night. hehe My photographer was a lil kid named Sidarle and by golly this kid is awesome. He is super cool and loves spiderman. We talked about spiderman for a good half an hour. When I pulled out my camera to take a pic of the dance. He went crazy and asked me to let him take some pics. So he went to town and it fun to watch him run around taking pics. Thats pretty much how he became my photographer. haha. So i will upload a couple of the pics he took of the youth. Other than that nothing else too report besides I had one of the worst nights of my life trying to sleep without a fan. Elder Jay was trying to fix one of our outlets and boom! All the lights went out. we starting laughing about it for a bit but we were not laughing later on. Luckily the next morning we figured out how the circuit breaker in our house works and got the power working again. Well I love you guys very much and I cant tell you how much I love doing what Im doing everyday and seeing what matters in peoples lives. Im inspired by these kids who get themselves going and have a true desire for themselves to do something, like going to church for instance. I hope everything is going well over there, because it is over here. Até mais, Eu amo vocês!
-Elder M. Howell

Some awesome youth of our ward!


My plaquette, tie and my little friend bebe João

Clarisse dressed up in a traditional Forro dress


Iziranni and Cris dressed up


A little view of the Ward Party with Forro


Some of the Youth dressed up




No comments:

Post a Comment