Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Hero and Transferencias!

Oi Todo Mundo!!! Como Vocês Estão? Como que está as coisas lá no Estados Unídos?

WOW, suddenly the air is not so thick, its still super hot haha, but metaphorically speaking the vibes in our house and between companionships are now very tranquilo for the lack of words in english...calm lets say. So for news on transfers and why Im writing to you a day late! So tuesday night we found out that I will be staying in Mossoró! Yay! Im way excited to stay and continue to work here because I have been working with a family who the ``husband`` is already a member but his ``wife`` has been waiting to be baptized for a long time now becuase they have been trying to get the money to get thier marriage certificate or papers. YES they are not married hence the quotation marks for the lack of words...The husband was previously married to another member but they got divorced and Tragically the husband of Leila the ``wife`` died in a car accident...So they are now planning on getting married next month! I hope that i will still be here. Another than that Im still way excited to work with a lot more people here with my NEW companion Elder Kitchen!!! He just arrived yesterday from Porintians some place around Joao Pessoa. We waited pretty much all day at a bus station yesterday to pick up our new companions. Elder Wright got a new companion as well, HIs name is Elder Jay. My comp is from springfield, Utah and Elder Jay is from Utah as well. So I live in a house full of Americans! AHH! Big Change! The only concern I had was with us speaking English more than Portuguese but so far we havnt spoken a word of English and how cool is That! We are way excited to celebrate the 4th of July! haha. My comp is Half Peruvian so as a companionship we dont stand out that much meaning we look more like brasileiros in comparison to Elder Wright and Jay who both of bright blonde hair! haha They get a lot looks...ha Elder Kitchen is way cool and Im way excited to work with him. He only has 10 months in the mission but he speaks Portuguese very well. I will miss my Papai (Elder G. Costa) becuase I learned a lot from him, but transfers and new companions are bound to happen...

So...about my Hero...That would be my Papa! My father Mark E. Howell who I have took upon his initials in my nametag in order to honor him and to always be reminded of the enormous example he is in my life and everything he has taught me. Lately as i have been studying the Book of Mormon I have seen how important and how huge of a role the example and infuences of our parents have in our lives. There are so many examples like with King Benjamin and Father of Ether and Especially with Lehi! Just at the very start of the BoM Nephi starts off telling about the influence of his parents. Well I gotta go. But i just wanted to say a HAPpy Fathers day to my Dad. and Share with you a breif message on the importance of being a good example. Love you guys! Have a great Week!,

Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment