Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Saturday, August 6, 2011

Baptism...transferred to a new area...bus crashes...lost luggage!

Opa!!!! Como Está as coisas aí?

Hey everybody! how are you? It feels like it has been a while...I have no idea where to begin. So much has happened in the last week from baptisms to transfers, saying goodbyes to traveling and losing a bag to being in a bus accident. So lets start back in Mossoró which I miss dearly already. So yeah i was transfered last tuesday night. Traveled pretty much the entire day wed. to Joao Pessoa! yup, Im in Joao Pessoa now in a area called Castelo Branco. Anyways I miss Mossoró very much already becuase of the awesome youth there and the kids who have really grown in the Gospel and have learned to love the simple things of it, like reading and praying, they have grasped a foundation in their lives which they can rely on for help in times of need. Let me tell you about one of my latest friends who was baptized named Malcom. He is such cool little righteous quiet dude. He lives in a neighborhood called St. Antonio which is the most dangerous part of Mossoró...I have a story that i could tell about one of the nights we were there but it would only make you worry. I will save that one for later, let me just say we were very blessed. and we never visited that neighborhood during the night again...Anyways Malcom lives amongst just truly bad influences all around him. Drug dealers...for example...Almost everytime we visited his house the police militia would drive by fly out their car doors and assault his neighbors house and do a search on the house and hold up and search his neighbors personally like a pat down. guns drawn and everything. Intense...When first met him, he was amoungst some of his other friends we were teaching in another neighborhood. he said he didnt know why but he just wanted to hear what we had to say.
He knew really nothing about our church or religion in general but he just said I felt something good about you guys. He went to church the next sunday he said he loved it. OUr lessons with him were really sweet and he would be waiting with chairs ready outside his house when we would come by. His growth in the Gospel was so awesome to see. This awesome quiet little cool kid amongst these drug dealers just reached out to us becuase he just wanted and knew there was something better in life. He was baptized by Jefferson the Sec. of our ward. Was sweet along with 4 others, Aline, Sidarle, Maria Jose and Izirani. Was a great day and i will miss him calling my name like ``Howl`` when we would pass him in the streets. I will really miss all my freinds back in Mossoró, the soccer boys especially. here in Joao pessoa it is really different. APartment complexs and parks and buses everywhere. A way different feel from a little humble town/neighborhood of Mossoro i was in. So anyways Im super lucky and was very unlucky as I mentioned before i lost a bag. As we were traveling I left it in a taxi we took. Lucky the next day the zone leaders here told me the other missionaries back in Mossoro had found my bag at there house. Everybody knows the ``Mormons`` well enough i guess. haha. We kinda stand out! So Im way blessed they found my bag becuase it was full of irreplaceable things like my journal of six mouths of the Mission. So about the Bus crash. was pretty surprising. No one was injured! Everything is fine. I cant really tell much detail right now and i will fill you guys in a much more on monday soon to come! Anyways i have a new companion too bythway haha. His name is Elder O, Moura. He is a Brasilian from Sao Paulo. He is twenty six years old! haha He is way cool and has a very interesting religious background. Anyways hope it was summer over there for a bit and you guys enjoyed it. I guess im really enjoying the rays over here for you guys. Praying for you always. Have a good weekend!!!
Love, Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment