Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, August 15, 2011

Opa! Tudo Jóia! How's everybody doing!?

Things here in João Pessoa are great! Im enjoying the weather here a lot more than the weather back in Mossoró, Im only sweating every now and then compared to always. Recently its been quite windy and rainy. Kind of scary at times because the wind can get pretty strong and some the streets here get flooded with a good ankle deep of water pretty easily, so at times Im thinking is there going to be a flood or a hurricane or something. I think im just being paranoid. Im starting to get to know this area little better everyday as this area is way more confusing than Mossoró with lots of streets and apartments everywhere. I still dont know how exactly to get to our Church here without Elder O. Moura´s help. Hey so I heard our ward got a new Bishop! Brother Salmon! Crazy! I pictured Bishop Johns being our Bishop when i returned for some reason. Brother Salmon is an awesome guy. He will be a great bishop. Hasnt he already been Bishop some time? Well I got a new Bishop too! Bishop Israel! He is quite the cool guy himself too and he speaks Portuguese...:/ but looks like he could be an American. Im liking this new ward here. Its really different but a like the difference in tranquility. I will be giving a 10 min talk in Sacrament next Sunday! Wish me Luck! Hey quick tidbit a think i forgot to mention is back in Mossoro you guys remember that family that was saving money to be married. Irma Leila who is practically a member but is not baptised, she will be married on Sept. 4! Im sad that i will be missing her grand moment and something she has been waiting for, for like 2 years, but Im way happy for her. Hey so Im sorry I forgot to mention my Comp again and i spent a lot of time writing the Pres. Sorry Im Awesome and I hope you guys are awesome too. Always Praying for you guys...We going to have 2 Baptisms this coming Sunday of A beautiful Couple that Of course i will tell you guys about next week. Love, Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment