Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, February 20, 2012

Andy turns in to a carpenter...lots of pics!

 Ola tudo jòia com todo mundo!?

This week was crazy! and not becuase of Carnival surprisingly...Here in Campina Grande Carnival doesnt exist...bummer right jk it is a blessing for us missionaries here so we have more time to work without madness going on and usually the missionaries are demanded to arrive home a lot early than usual. The only problem is that everybody here travels to João Pessoa to celebrate so there was practically no one home and in the street to talk to. BUT on the bright side! This week we marked an unexpected batism with a man named Iraíldo who is the boyfriend of Ivy! Last wednesday I did a division with Elder Pollo who is a missionary of power!!! He is my district leader and is sadly ending his mission this transfer. THis division we did was by far the best division i have done. It is amazing how well Elder Pollo teaches and how he leads with people. The time shows in him. He is a very experieced missionary. We had a very spiritual lesson with Iraildo and Ivy at her house wednesday night. Iraildo got to know other missionaries before us but he never had the time to receive the lessons until this year recently. After the baptism of Ivy he noticed a big change in her that she was a lot happier with everything and he passed a huge exam that rewarded him with a highly paid job. Lots of good things started to happen for him and he believes that these blessings are not just by chance. He shared with us that he needs to thank Our Heavenly Father for this things and that with the Book of Mormon and the message of the Restoration everythings just makes sense. When we said baptism is one way he could start a path to thank GOd for the rest of his life and recieve even more blessings he accepted right in the moment with a smile that he wants to be baptized and bore testimony of the Book of Mormon! It was one of the best moments of my Mission how firm he was with his response. Man...with time running out already i just want to let you guys know there is not greater happiness in this work than seeing someone realize how important the Gospel is and how much joy it can bring. As this transfer is ending im really wanting to stay here as i have other really good freinds i want to see the glow in thier eyes as well! One scripute is ALma 53: 20 one of my favorties!!! I hope everything is Tudo bem. Love you all lots! have a great week! Love. Elder M. Howell



We started a service project in our house.  Our house is pretty beat up!










Acai for lunch!


I'm in Babylon!


Old Dam, Campina Grande


Lunch with Ivy and Iraildo


Elder Pollo and I! 
A division that we did on Wednesday last. 
 Elder Pollo is finishing the mission in this transfer February 29. 
 It's good!  Too cool!  He is my District Leader!

Elder Wilson and Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment