Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, February 6, 2012

Andy celebrates his one year anniversary!

È aí meus amigos lá na America do Norte! Todo mundo está tudo OK? Eu estou de boa!
Eu peço por perdâo pela falta do meu email...

Hello! Hello! Hows everybody doing? Please excuse me for my absence last week. I really dont have an excuse to justify my actions, please forgive me. I will try to make up for it in this email. So as of the last week and the week before it were all fine and dandy. Last last week was super as partied it up a little ,as much as a missionary can party, to celebrate my 1 year aniversary in the mission. I ate sopa de Cabeça de galo or Chicken head soup to celebrate! Yeah thats right! its sooooo good! haha well i forgot to mention in my skype phone call during Christmas that i have a Brazilian grandpa named Alexandre...yup...haha he kinda looks like my grandpa Deloy Howell but what kills me is that he tells stories in the same fashion and i just die laughing in my head and sometimes out loud thinking how cool it is hearing stories that remind me of my Grandpa in Portugués! When i laugh out load ALexandre looks at me like Im crazy at parts when there is nothing to laugh about. Alexandre loves us missionaries and took us out to eat breifly for dinner some of this delicious soup! ahhh well i have to break it to ya that its not actually chicken head really but its really called Cabeça de Galo and its just a normal Chicken soup, but its seriously good! Unforntunatly Alexandre is not a member as his wife is and his daughter who are the sweetest people, especially his wife Irmã Lourdes. Alexandre is born and raised from the center of São Paulo and was raised Catholic. Another thing we did to celebrate was Açaí with our best buddy Leka who is another super fan of us. We celebrated a little bit of Christmas with him eating Açai with santa claus hats on. We took a pic of us and gave it to him as a present. He gives discounts to us missionaries. He is the man. He is the most loving and open guy and just loves to talk and meet new people. Well thats pretty much what i did outside the house to celbrate last week besides burning a shirt as its tradition. I didnt want to burn an actual shirt so yet again i made a shirt out of paper! That was fun. This was super too as we had interviews with Presidente Hall and recieved some training from Sister Hall on how to plan our days better. My interview with the presidente was like always just such a pleasure. I love talking to this inspired man of God. He just beams happiness and has so much spirituality. He shared a couple things with me to better my work in the field. He shared with me this chapter of Alma 26 and how Elder Bednard asked him what is the message we can get from this chapter. Presidente Hall responded that is it that we can change the lives of many...Elder Bednard responded``that is true but that the real message here is that we should always give our best in everything that we do especially to the Lord. I always read this chapter now for inspiration if im feeling a little down. We have two wonderful families we are working with lately. A young couple Wiliam and Catarina who was a reference from a Irmâo Ednaldo and Neves a young mom of two cool teenagers Maria and Artur. We will be visiting them this week a lot to see how they are doing. Well Im super happy for Derek and for Natalie Lambert. That is the bees knees that they are both going to serve here in one the most amazing countries! They will have the time of their lives here! I hope everything is sweel back home in the good old red white in blue. As amazing as it is here i have to say that i do miss home a lot. But i know that im in the right place doing the right thing! I wish you all a great week! Abraço, Elder M. Howell









No comments:

Post a Comment