Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, March 12, 2012

Andy dreams in Portuguese...and he's as happy as he's ever been!

Im very happy to know that our family seems to be doing well spiritual wise, as it seems Dana gave a super talk and you as well, its always spiritually refreshing to just bear your testimony. Any day that im really feeling down in the dumps, when i bear my testimony to somebody im reminded of how much the gospel means to me and my rickety old Fusca (volskwagon bug) engine turns into a Porshe engine. I hope you guys are doing well physically also. I heard about the flooding in Hawaii. I hope Madison is alright.
Im very excited to hear about all the mission calls coming in back home. Seems like the roll of calls to Brazil as ended...That just fortifies my testimony even more that each call really is personal and its not just like oh he is from washington, lets send him to Brazil. I really do believe now that there are specific people waiting for a specific missionary.

Hey so about my diary, sorry that it has not arrived yet, its going to take another month or so...I have a couple more things to write in it...It should be ready in May...I have a couple favors to ask for....I hate to ask but my brazilian buddies would like a couple things...My son would love to have a english hymn book...and two more rubix cubes would be awesome as here an original cube is the equivalent of 30 bucks back home. I swear i will make this order worth your while. I cant tell you how much these things will mean to them and how much more it mean to me...I will work my butt of when i get home. The other things i want to ask for might be a little pricey.i dont know you cant buy the cheapest possible. My buddy Elder Ricardo is the biggest soccer fan in the world! one morning he woke me up at 5 to play soccer with him!!! He and I would like a soccer jersey from the team REAL SALT LAKE as for him he would never ever find a jersey like that anywhere here in Brasil....Thats all i ask for and i swear i will send you guys my journal asap! Oh and i was wondering if Brian and Jeanne got my letter also the Saxtons???

I dream about you guys quite often and its quite interesting hearing you guys talk in Portugues...almost all my dreams are in Portuguese is the craziest thing! I never thought that i would be able to speak another language like i am, Ive learned that anyhting is possible with lots of effort. Ive realized how much time ive wasted in the past. I dont think im ever going to game again...seriously....well maybe just a little but im definalty not going to as much as a used to...THere are SO many other things im going to learn to do, like Piano for example...ANyways I dont think ive ever been happier in my life for other people than now. We have baptized someone i know will be a leader in the church. Last week I also recieved a letter from one of my first baptisms, Jefferson or Goiaba his nickname who told me how much his life has changed since his baptism and how much he desires to serve a mission this coming year in WASHINGTON if he had the choice!

I love you guys so much for the support.
Elder M. Howell







New Bag of the Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment