Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, March 19, 2012

Another great week!

Oi Todo mundo! beleza?!

This past week was a good one. Last Pday I forgot to mention that we had dinner plans that
night with an awesome family we are teaching. That night was a hoot! hehe ALexandre who is the
father of the home asked us if we knew how to make anything delicious. I and my amazing cooking skills
top ramen, cup noodles, scrambled eggs, easy mac etc...said that maybe it would be better if he´d let my
companion cook, but he insisted on me cooking...he wanted to eat something american! I suggested
hamburgers is an easy thing to do, reseonable easy thing but in the end we decided, i decided to cook
something a learned here in the mission, Pizza Rice which i learned from my companion Elder Iglezia. Its
really simple and delicious. We are teaching this family with a member who has been a huge help and great influece to this family. His name is Diogennys and we didnt know that he was the boyfriend of Maria de Lourdes which is Alexandre daughter who is 15 years old. One day we were walking in the street and he came out of nowwhere and asked if we were teaching his girlfriend! what a coincidence right! Since then we have been invited more to visit Alexandre and his wife Neves who we first started teaching as we met her one afternoon knocking on doors...Before we knew it this family really loved our company and the lessons
we taught to them and they have gone to church two weeks in a row now. We had a really special night with them sharing how much the gospel blesses families sharing the  family proclamation to the world. We challenged them to be baptized this coming Sunday the 25th!!! They all accepted! This week is going to be a week focused on them to make sure they are prepared for an unforgettable sunday. they were really impressond well Alexandre especially that their son Artur who is 17, is enjoying these things the church and stuff as he never had interest. Plz pray for this family. I couldnt be happier for them....My recommendation to you all if you dont have the family proclamion to the world hung up in your home, it would be really awesome to do so, or if you havnt read it recently...please read it...it took 8 years to make this proclamation...each word was placed by revelation...I love you all, have a great week!



Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment