Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, April 16, 2012

Hello! Tudo Bem!

Wow! Its PDay again! Time flies right...Its flying by too fast really...Im here in my fourth area
of my mission already with my sixth companion! Ive got so much too write but so little time!!!
SO Im here in a little town called Canguaretama about an hour and half drive away from Natal and
Joao Pessoa it seems. Our area used to be a part of Mamaguape which was the zone of Joao Pessoa but with recent changes our area was moved to the Zone Ponta Negra which is in Natal. We are really in no mans land here! To meet with our zone we have to grab a taxi. Luckily for our district meeting we will just meet here in our chapel. Here in Canguaretama it is a branch, not officially a ward yet. This branch has been trying to get enough members to become a ward for quite some time now. When this area first opened to the missionaries the church started to grow here tremendously fast but unfortunatly most of the members have become less active...To become a ward they need to mantain a frequency of 100 active members every sunday and a set amount of preisthood holders...Apparently the dream of becoming a ward is almost a reality! There are about 70ish members who are coming to church weekly and President Cesar of the branch told us that they only need two more preisthood holders to start making plans to build a chapel here! An oficial Chapel!!! We are going to work our butts off here to build a beautiful new chapel here! There are us four missionaries, Elder Franco and Broad and Elder Cicero and I working in the same area to reactivate members and to find these future preisthood holders, future leaders of the Church. We got a lot of work to do here but we have fire in our bones they say to experience a branch turn into a ward! This town is super cosy! haha Here downtown they say the ``centro`` there is a beautiful park with a fountain and palm trees open to the public and a huge beautiful catholic church. It really is the center of a atraction and an awesome place to do contacts. Here almost around every corner we run into a member! The youngens here are always excited to see us and excited to do splits with us. At the park its easy to run into a member and just start to talk to someone with them, its great! My work here is easy to do divisions as a district leader as the only dupla that im in charge of lives with me! haha so when we do a division we will work in the same area and sleep in the same house! haha. Elder Franco is a crazy guy who is in love with japonese culture so i became his friend at first sight. Elder Broad is american! He is from Odgen! He is a great guy who is in love with Hawaii and has polynesian ancestry! Elder Cicero my companion is quite the character, he is from MaceiĆ³, Elder Mcombers mission! More on him later...as my time in unfortunaly up!!! I gave a talk yesterday about the book of Mormon and how important it is to have a testimony of him to stay active and strong following the example of Jesus Christ. I was called for the third speaker so i had to give a talk for 20 minutes and i didnt know until yesterday of how long my talk should be!!! I was very worried but aparently a talked for almost a half an hour!!! haha I dont know how! ANyways love you guys tons and have a splendid week!!! Ive got things to mail to you guys! Letters and my Diary... Com Muito Amor, Elder M. HOwell

No comments:

Post a Comment