Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, April 2, 2012

Singing in English during conference...

Oi gente! Im great! How are you?

WOW! Was General Conference great or what! Such amazing talks and music!  I really loved the music this time and I had a wild time singing by myself amongst a bring crowd and everybody staring at me like I was a crazy person! hehe You know that part when the congregation is invited to sing with the
choir and the man with the stick that guides the music(forgot the name is english) turns around to lead and the lyrics appear. Well here, nobody sings, everybody just stands up
and listens becuase i think a lot of people are too embarrassed to try to sing in english so us americans get a moment to shine for a little bit! haha Singing all by ourselves at the top of our lungs to make up for the lack of voices. It was fun. I watched the conference both in english and in portuguese. I have to admit that it is millions of times better in
english, not just becuase its easier to understand, but becuase sometime the translater doesnt pick up some phrases or he doesnt express the mood or expression of the speaker you know, and some jokes cant be translated that well...So one thing to be grateful for, the priveledge we have for us elnglish speakers to hear conference directly. My favorite talk was Elder Bednar´s in the priesthood session about his father. Was really touching to me. I also really enjoyed Presidente Monsons talk in this session as well. From the other sessions my favorite was Elder Anderson´s talk about the family and the three children that miracoulsly survived in a collasped building. I really Enjoyed watching the conference in english with Carina, a young 18 year girls we are teaching who knows how to speak english from watching movies!!! She has a british accent! it is hysterical! I joked that she much have watch Harry Potter over and over and over again. She said that im right! haha She is a very bright girl, She watched three sessions of Conference! was her first time in church! Unfortunatly the family of Alexanadre were not able to make it to watch conference...At least Alexandre was able to watch two sessions of Conference...This family is progressing slowly. Tonight we have a family home evening planned with a great family and this Irmão Antonio invited Alexandre and his family to come so we have high hope for tonight. i really enjoyed this week and i cant believe that this transfer is ending, went by so fast! I hope you guys have a splendid week! Plz continue to pray for ALexandre and his family. Com muito amor, Elder M, Howell  

No comments:

Post a Comment