Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baptism in Joao Pessoa and more pics!


Opa! Tudo Jòia Todo Mundo! Que Notícia Legal!

Well this past week was super great because we had a very special baptism of a woman we have been teaching named Melissa. She is a young single mom who has two little boys named Ruan and Bruno. Ruan is 8 years old and loves to swim and play videogames. Bruno is only one and a half years old, he is the cutest little guy ever, loves to run around like a crazy little monkey like the micos here. I find it really hard to believe how her former boyfriend could leave them behind...ANyways her baptism was very sweet and full of the spirit...I really love our ward here as they welcome each new recent convert like a new family member. We have been accompanying/walking with Melissa and Bruno to church these past few Sundays. It takes about a half an hour or more becuase little Bruno walks a snail pace and little curbs and steps on the way are like hills and mountains to him. its so funny to watch him jump and climb the steps. haha  Most of Melissa´s family attended her baptism. They said they had a really good time. The rest of her family are not members and one of her brothers who lives with her along with her mom in her apartment has a problem with drinking and we are really trying to help him stop. He particulary said that when he was in the church he almost started crying becuase of the feeling of peace he felt in there. I know that the Holy Ghost dwells inside the Lord´s houses and is a unique feeling that can only be justified if you have really felt it for yourself and it can bring a person to change thier life for the better. We are praying for Maçelo and are trying all we can to help him. So with transfer about...Nobody was transfered in our apartment! I will be contueing to serve with Elder O Moura! Meu Vovô! haha in Castelo Branco, White Castle! SO Ive just uploaded a ton of photos! Last p-day we did an awesome visit to the Farol at Cabo Branco which is like the farthest point out into the Atlantic on land! I will upload those photos next week! Love you all! Have a great week! Super Excited for Derek and Tanner!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment