Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, September 5, 2011

Fear of men?

OI! Tudo bem com vocês!?

Well...last week I said that I would upload a lot more photos if my lost bag was delivered to me becuase that lost bag contains my little uploading device... Well...IT WAS delivered to me! I recieved my bag that I left in another city called Assu which is like an hour from Mossoró in a taxi last week in our usual district meeting. The Presidente of the mission himself handed me my bag!!! haha I knew the Presidente loved me but not enough to deliver something of mine personally...haha I know he didnt come to our meeting to just hand me my bag. I was told he does some surprise visits to district meetings that are reasonably close to his house, like ours, which happens to be the closest to his apartment. SO my companhiero was assigned to give the training for this meeting and just his luck the President decided to sit in on our meeting...Elder O. Moura my comp. decided to give a training on what things can distract us from feeling the spirit or following it...or  achieving a goal or seeing whats really important in life to really progress and have success. We noted that fear was one of the top things that deprives missionaries from opening their mouths becuase we are afraid of what some people will say or think of us. That shouldnt deprive us from opening our mouths at all as we have something that we know everybody needs...I ask myself a lot if I fear men more than I fear God...I hate to admit it, but recently i have to be honest that i have had more fear of men becuase i have been doubting my Portugues and so i feel embarrassed to talk to people sometimes.So i pray everyday for more courage and to have more self confidence to change that fact...It was a really good training and the presence of the president just happened to make it a little bit more of a special and spiritual meeting. i simply want to state and challenge you guys to whenever you have a missionary moment dont be shy like I have been. Pray for the courage to stand for whats right when the truth needs to be defended, be a shining light so bright that others notice that there is something different about you, but it is nothing different to be ashamed off, it is something touches lives, changes them for the better... Anyways I forgot my little device so I will try to upload photos next week!  I dont have any doubt what so ever that Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior and that He knows each and every one of us personally and that He taught and left us His True Gospel,  which can bring everlasting happiness and comfort and direction in life and was restored by Joseph Smith, who was a young boy with a pure heart who later suffered so much redicule and humilation...but he endured through all that becuase he knew he was called of God to bring back the Truth to this world and he could never deny what he saw, because he knew that God knew what he saw. I love you all, Have a splendid week! Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment