Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lots and Lots of Great Pics!

Antonio!!! My first baptism, looking sharp and lookin like a priesthood holder of Heavenly Father. 
He bought a tie and dress shirt all by himself he said.  It was so awesome to see him pass the sacrament. 
At 13 years old, he is getting himself up and going to church all by himself...I miss this lil guy very much...

This was a transfer P-day (Wed.) and so while we were waiting for our new comps back in Mossoro, we were at another missionary household, which has a backyard with a coconut tree!!  So we thought we would grab some and have some coconut juice!  Was really fun and yummy.  I'm with Elder Wright and Elder Stock, who is from Spokane, WA.

The same backyard where Elder Wright, Stock and I grabbed some coconuts.
But I got a goofy hat on if you didn't notice, which I borrowed from Elder Alexandre.

Up in the coconut tree.

Caio (left) and Fabio (right) here with Elder Kitchen and I in Mossoro. 
Caio is quite the crazy dude and is obsessed with Lincoln Park.  he is an awesome funny kid and was fun to teach.  He was very interested in what a missionary's life is like.  His cousin, Fabio, also a pretty crazy dude, started to go to church with us and they were really enjoying church they said.  Sadly, I was transferred, so I don't know if they ever got baptized...

This is a church I used to pass by every week to get to district meetings in the center of Mossoro.
This church really stands out because it's big and yellow.


A lunch at Gilvan's house.
Elder Wright, me, Jefferson (Sec. of the Bishop - not the one I baptized), Rafael,
who was baptized by Wright and Jay, Elder Kitchen, Paulo, Julia.
Neide sitting down, Bilvan's wife and Edveston.

"Honda Motos...making missionary work look good..."
No, I think it's better this way...
"Elder M. Howell...making Honda Motos look good..." haha
I was walking by a Honda Motorcycle dealership and an agent came running up to me and asked if I could pose...
Nah, this "moto" belongs to one of the members and he let me take a pic with it outside the church, because I think I'm inspired to buy a motorcycle when I get back.
In Mossoro, BTW.

This looks really sketchy I know, but it's legal and its healthy.  It's an all natural herbal drink called Chimarrao and it's a traditional drink from Rio Grande de Sul.  It's a drink really from the southern part of Brazil, in Jeff Walton's area.  It's usually taken hot because down there it actually gets cold.  So it was quite the treat to try it at a Gaucho (Southerner) member's house in Mossoro.  We drank it cold and with juice because it's super hot in Mossoro.

Close-up on Chimarrao! 
Looks super nasty, is what you're thinking...but I liked it, because I like gross things, right?


Transferred to Joao Pessoa.....


We got a lil' lost on our way to lunch...JK.
This is is what we call "The Secret Trail of Narnia" and Elder O. Moura knew exactly where we were.  This trail is close to our apartment, we have to cut through this forest to get to some member's houses for lunch and if we didn't use the trail it would take an hour to get there.  It's quite the adventure.  As you can see one part is walking over this pipe that extends over a lil' stream and a river.  It's pretty long too...I'll have to get more pics of this trail.  It's awesome.  There are monkeys in this forest!  No joke.  They are really little ones that look like squirrels.

This is a giant fallen down tree next to our apartment building.
(Joao Pessoa)

Elder O. Moura and I eating the most delicious tasty treat of Brazil called Asai!  It's a lil' fruit of the Amazons which is primarily used for making this tasty frozen treat.  I've never actually seen the berry itself.  So here we have the Asai at the base with granola and bananas and sweet condensed milk topping.  It's so good!  Mossoro didn't really have any so I was super happy to hear we had a shop pretty close by our apartment!  The last time before Mossoro I had some was at the President's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment