Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Friday, March 25, 2011

Andy gets word about his visa and gets to call home!!

Some excerpts from his email from Friday the 25th:

I was so taken away in the spirit in the past couple days becuase of all the mixed feelings of my last week in the MTC and being re-assigned and thinking of the mission field. For the past couple days I have prayed a lot to know and accept the Lord's plan for me whole-heartly be it where ever i would be re-assigned to. I fasted the last couple days to for the people of Japan and for you guys and for the missionaries who need their visas but mostly to receive an answer on wherever  i would be needed most. Thursday evening just yesterday the time was closing for the Travel office and for me to know that I would be needed more in Brazil or in S. Dakota...right before my thoughts were concluded on S. Dakota, I was called to the Travel Office for news of my Visa! It was one long walk to the travel office i will tell you that and I still have not yet actually recieved my visa but i should in the next couple days I will let you know as soon as i know when Im leaving and please continue to pray for visas for the other missionaries.
 
It was so wonderful to hear your voice yesterday as well and what crazy timing that I was able to talk to you right when you were getting home. Im sorry it was a very short conversation but that was all the time i was givin. I will call you guys again when i get to the airport!
 
Im so excited that i cant really put it into words to describe how excited I am to get out to the field in Brazil but Ill will be sad to be closer to Brian and Jeanne than to you guys when im there...it will be hard not recieving things as soon as i do now, but I know that when Im losing myself in the work, my worries will be swept away becuase i will be worrying too much for the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment