Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, March 14, 2011

Letter and pics from MTC - March 11, 2011

Hi everyone, how are you?                                                                           Marzo 11, 2011

I'm doing just great if you were wondering.  I'm doing my laundry again as I usually do at this time.  I'm doing all my clothes at once so I can save some time. Hopefully my white shirts don't turn out pink!?  After six weeks of being here you would think I would have known better, why separate your clothes when you can like save 20 minutes.  I mean I'm only risking discoloring white shirts I wear every day, no biggie.  No, I'm not actually washing all my clothes together, that would be a stupid risk.  Anyway, I never thought I would enjoy doing laundry so much when I'm stuck to wearing like the same clothes every day, but I don't mind it.  I love wearing suits and lookin sharp.

Anyway, things here at the MTC are the usual...except my district is losing another 3 people due to visas!  They leave next Thurs along with like 6 other people!  Visas exist!  Your prayers continue to bless us.  I'm so happy for those people.  It's funny, when you get your visa here, you become like one of the most popular missionaries, that is until you leave, then sadly, you are forgotten.  Haha.  Not really.  Keep the prayers coming, we love them and there's plenty of Mexico and Brazil bound missionaries that need them, and I know you can never pray enough.  Like the scripture says, "Pray Always". 

You can take it literally because I do since I've been here.  Also I know that if you do always have a prayer in your heart your mind as well will be more focused on the Gospel.  I've noticed that, since I've been here my mind has been constantly thinking about the "big picture" and what exactly is the "big picture" you might ask...well initially it is the gospel, but more specifically the Plan of Salvation.  And I know that may sound dumb and obvious.  Go figure right, I'm in the MTC studying the gospel almost 24/7, well and Portuguese, and what else could I be thinking of.  I mean I don't really have any outside influences on me yet, but even so, even in the MTC it's so easy to get distracted and not have my mind set on what's really important.  I'm leaving in about three weeks, so crazy, and I think to myself how much more important it is for me to be 100% focused and reading the Book of Mormon as much as I can and prayin as much as I can to be 100% focused and obedient.  Then I think how much more important it is to do those things on the "oustide" world, when you are not on a mission, when there are so many worldly things to distract you from what is really important in life. 

I have a strong testimony now on how important it is to read the Book of Mormon each day, or at least have a spiritual moment so you may have the gospel about you, and that is so important I have found.  Last Wed. during "TRC" (the role playing center) I learned how important again it is to "be" the message of the Gospel.  To show an outward appearance of love and happiness when I will meet people and how important it is to be a constant good example of what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can make you become if you live it righteously.  Because while I'm out in the field, I will never know who is watching and if I'm not being a good example, some person who has never heard about our church, could get their first impression of it by me, and how important are first impressions.  That could make or break my message for them.  People will notice you and wonder in awe about what is so different about you, in a good way.  If I'm not showing how much of an impact this has been on my life as I teach, why should they care...

Anyway I'm babbling and I said "important" like who knows how many times but that is just what the Gospel means to me and every part of it is.  I invite you to always be a good example for our church.  Our Savior's Church. 

I love you all and this church so much and look forward to writing to you next week.  Sorry not much to report, other than the MTC is amazing as usual.  I miss you all very much.

Love,
Elder Howell



Reassignment?  Two mission calls?  Who knows?



Be like Christ.  Literally!


I love the Provo temple.



America!



My companion always likes to steal my glasses,
but this time he stole Sister Myers glasses and we had a glasses party.



This time I had fun with Sister Myers glasses.  HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment