Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last snail mail from the MTC...and pictures!

Marzo 25, 2011

E Ai Todo Mundo!!  (What's up everybody!)

How is everything going?  Everything here is going super!  This is probably the last time I will be writing from the laundry room of the MTC and I'm not going to miss it at all!  The laundry room of course, I'm definitely going to miss the MTC.  Looking back at my experience here I couldn't be more grateful for everything that I have learned and the Spirit I have felt.  From the firesides to the devotionals, I hope I apply the things I have learned into my heart and work it 100% in the field and be 100% obedient.  I can't tell you how excited I am to get out of here!  haha don't get me wrong, I have loved the MTC, but there is only so much time you can spend here before you start to forget that there is an outside world beyond the MTC.  I see why two months is the max more or less because there is only so much time before you are dying to apply and put to the test the things you have learned here and your desire to share this message can't be contained!

I can testify to you that our Heavenly Father does answer our prayers.  Prayer can be such a profoundly faith building experience that we can do everyday.  It is our direct line to our Heavenly Father and the way we can build a very strong relationship to Him.  Prayer means so much to me throughout my life.  It is probably the main reason I'm still active in this church.  I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is always there for me in times of trouble, not only there in times of trouble, but always and we should always pray to Him in thanks when life is going good.  This church was restored through the power of prayer.  Joseph Smith was at a very troubled time in his life and then he took his trouble to the Lord and look what happened.  Heavenly Father answers our prayers in many different ways, but He always answers them in what's best for us.  Do not take for granted the opportunity to pray, but always pray in the sincerest way, with all thine heart. 

For my last week at the MTC I struggled to understand where the Lord needed me the most.  I was going to be reassigned because my visa had not yet arrived.  I prayed a lot to be understanding and be happy and willing to serve wherever I was assigned to.  Turns out the people of Brasil need me there the most to be helped with the Lord's hands through me.  My visa is on its way!!  I should be in Brasil the next week!  I'm so excited to get out into the field!  Anyways, my prayers were answered truly in a way I didn't expect. 

I love you guys, thank you for the amazing package you made at Youth Conference!  Pray always and remember your testimonies and never be ashamed to stand up for what's right.  I'm going to be doing a lot of that soon...

BTW I hope you like the pics...

Love,
Elder Howell



Tanner and Andy together again!!


Andy and Elder Estados




Our District, minus one, Elder Harston
who left a long time ago.


One of the sister's in our District, Sister Myer's mom made us these awesome
cakes on a stick and they had the Brazil flag on them!  It was the most
delicious cake/pop I have ever eaten.



One of our teachers Irmao Cannon and the Elders.






No comments:

Post a Comment