Andy's Mission Scripture

Andy's Mission Scripture:

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

~Alma 29:9


Monday, October 3, 2011

Andy loved conference...

Ola Pessoal! Minha Querida Família e meus amados amigos!

How is everybody doing! Im doing fantastic! Super amped and inspired from General Conference! I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as i did. I certainly know you guys understood more than i did...haha It was quite the challenge to turn down watching conference in english  especially when they had a room open in our church broadcasting in english for basically just us american missionaries and its been so long since Ive heard some good old english spoken...but i promised myself last general conference when i had just arrived here in brasil that i would watch conference in portuguese the next time to test my language skills and patience...I understood a lot more than i thought i would. I really enjoyed Elder Richard G. Scotts talk mainly becuase he does his own translation...haha and he has the biggest spanish accent in his portugués. I brought some questions in my mind about some things like how i could be a better missionary and they were all answered in a special way to me. For example, Elder Perry answered my thoughts on how I used to be really shy to share my personaly beliefs but if i just concentrate on having Christ like love, I need not to have and fear of judgement or of what that person might say to me, those words wont change my testimony on what i know to be true, now i certainly as a missionary i cannot let shyness shut my mouth as i need to not only be a witness of Christ in example but in words as well...I challenge you all when a missionary moment arises dont let shyness get you down from standing up for whats right! I truly loved hearing more stories from our beloved profeta. The anouncement of more temples is exciting! I hope that you guys took something good away from conference...I actually was able to watch just two talks in English becuase my companion wanted to test his english and it was just a different experiece i cant describe to hear it in english. be grateful those of you who have the priviledge to hear conference in english. Oh so by the way i have been recieving everything you guys have been sending me, Thank you so much! I really enjoyed the smileys Dana! haha. Congrats Dylan Parry! Hope you guys havea splendid week! Love Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment